Tuesday 12 November 2013

Affordable Skincare Haul!

I'm getting to that point where I'm about to run out of all of my skincare products (don't you hate it when that happens!), so I went off to pick up some new bits. I'm currently using products from the Michael Todd dry sensitive skin regime, but as I've recently graduated from uni, I wasn't going to spend that much replacing them, plus, I didn't really think that much of the products I used. So, I was on a mission to get some good quality products at affordable prices. I started off in Boots:


I knew I wanted to try the Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner, after MissBudgetBeauty said she really liked it as an exfoliating toner. What's even better is that it was on offer for £2.69! (usually £3.99) I have also heard rave reviews about cleansing balms, and especially the Boots Botanics hot cloth cleanser, so I also picked that up, which was also on offer for £6.99 (usually £8.99). This was the bargain of the haul, as I didn't actually pay for this, I used my Boots points against it, so I'm looking at it as if I got it for free. I have heard that a cleansing balm can be slightly heavy, so I knew that I would only be using this at night, so I wanted just a basic face wash for the morning, but not one that would dry out my skin. I saw this Boots Essential Cucumber Facial Wash for £1.50, and thought I would try it, and for that price, I couldn't go wrong.

Then I went over to Aldi. 


Now, before you look at me weird, Aldi do some amazing beauty/skincare products. I particularly love their Aqua Moisture Cream, and I had a tiny bit left in the pot I was using so had to pick up two of these! And you wont believe the price for these pots of heaven! £1.99!!! I also wanted to try out the serum from the same range, Multi Intensive Serum Aqua, which was £3.49. I also saw that they did a Moisturising Face Wash, so thought I would try that out aswell. I think this was £1.49.

I also picked up a couple of random things in Boots:


I needed some new shampoo and conditioner as my beloved VO5 Gloss Me Smoothly shampoo and conditioner has changed name, and seemed to have changed formula aswell, and I really don't like it now. I decided to try the Pantene Smooth and Sleek Light Silicone Free shampoo and the conditioner to go with it. I also saw that they had the Maybelline SuperStay Powder in Ivory. This really caught my eye, as it says it's waterproof, which really intrigues me. I'll let you know how I get on with this.

Now, I haven't tried any of these products yet, and as I said at the beginning, I'm still using up the last of my current skincare products, so I probably wont be using these for a couple of weeks yet. If I really fall in love with something, you can most definitely expect reviews on them, or if there's something you really want a review on, then please let me know in the comments or via twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment