Saturday 14 June 2014

MAC Sharon and Kelly Collection

Okay, so I know in my Birthday Shopping Haul, I said I wouldn't be shopping for a little bit, but then MAC came out with their Sharon and Kelly Osbourne Collection! Damn you, MAC!! I'm that much of a fan of the Osbourne's, but some of the pieces in this collection were too pretty to say no to. So, of course, I picked up a couple of pieces.


After searching for some swatches and reviews of this collection (thank goodness for Karen from makeupandbeautyblog) I ended up going for Kelly's Mineralize Skinfinish in Jolly Good, and Sharon's eyeshadow quad in Duchess.


I've always wanted to try the MAC eyeshadows, as you always hear people rave about them! But, it put me off a bit, having to buy everything separately if you wanted to create a palette, so I thought that this was a great opportunity to try them out, and it also worked out cheaper. The colours are so me, aswell. I love warm, neutral colours for the eyes, especially gold colours, as they go well with my skintone and blue eyes.



The quad is made up of four colours: top: Sweet Eyes (Veluxe Pearl finish), Sexy Eyes (Veluxe Pearl finish) bottom: Femme Fatale (Satin finish) and Embark (Matte). 
Sweet Eyes is a light, golden nude shade which has a lot of shimmer. A lovely lid colour.
Sexy Eyes is a warm rose-gold/copper shimmer colour.
Femme Fatale is a lovely warm golden brown shade.
Embark is a red-toned chocolate brown colour.
For more information about the MAC eyeshadow finishes, check out Sarah's (from Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous) post.
I'm really impressed with this quad. The shadows are really soft and creamy (especially Sweet Eyes). My favourite shade has to be Femme Fatale. The only negative point is Embark is quite powdery compared to the rest, but that's nothing new with matte eyeshadows.  



I wasn't sure which of these to get, Kelly's version or Sharon's, but I eventually decided on Kelly's hoping to use both shades as a subtle-ish highlighter.
MAC's description of this Mineralize Skinfinish:
"Two luxurious formulas in one compact. Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in light cool beige, a luxurious velvet-soft powder with natural finish and Mineralize Blush in soft pale pink. Adds buffed-up highlights to cheeks and brows, or an overall polish to the face."
This shade is called Jollygood, and the above colour description is perfect. It is very cool-toned, and also very light in colour. Texture-wise, it is very fine-milled and silky, soft. I could see this being a good bronzer and blusher on fair skins, and a gorgeous highlighter on darker skintones.

Out of the two products, I am definitely more impressed with the eyeshadow quad. I'm not totally sure how I'm going to use the MSF, or the best way to apply it yet, so I need a bit of time to play around with it.

Unfortunately, both of these products are now sold out online, but there may still be some on counters. So, if you wanted anything, I would recommend ringing your local counter up, or taking a visit, and seeing if they have any in stock.

Did you manage to pick pieces up from this collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment