Thursday 9 January 2014

2013 Favourites | Beauty

Today's post is continuing on from my previous post about my favourite products from 2013. This post is covering the beauty spectrum (anything that isn't makeup).


Nail Varnish:
Essie Fiji, Essie Neo Whimsical, Seche Vite Top Coat
Okay, so I couldn't really choose one product for this category. I'm not a big fan of dark shades on me, so I always go for pastel/light colours. 2013 was the year that I finally caved into the hype around Essie's Fiji, and I've got to say, I know why people love it so much! It't the perfect baby pink shade. Essie Neo Whimsical is a muted sort of grey-lilac, which I loved during the Autumn and Winter. And then, 2013 was also the year I brought the highly raved about Seche Vite top coat, and fell in love with how quick it dried my nail varnish! I'm one of those who once they've painted their nails, also find things that need to be done, so this has been a life saver for me!

Perfume:
Wonderstruck by Taylor Swift
This was without a doubt my go-to perfume. I did use a few different perfumes during the year, but I always seemed to go back to this one. It's a very sweet smelling scent, quite vanilla-y with a hint of musk and sandalwood. The lasting power is quite good aswell.

Haircare:
TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo, Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight
These were the two stand-out haircare products that I used during the year. The dry shampoo is the best one I've used. As long as you don't go overboard, it doesn't leave the white cast on your hair like a lot of others do, and the smell isn't too offensive. It also leaves your hair feeling and looking more refreshed. The 3-Day straight is what I use to blow-dry my hair, as naturally I have long curly hair, that takes a bit of taming, so this helps to smooth and straighten my hair, and helps keep it straighter that bit longer.

Body:
The Body Shop Peach Vineyard Body Butter
I love the smell of this! It smells so good! Literally like a peach! (Hard to believe, right?!) I love anything peach scented, so fell in love with this. This scent is a limited edition scent that The Body Shop only seem to bring out at summertime, so it may be available for a few months yet. This is a really thick body butter which absorbs into the skin really quickly and leaves it completely moisturised.

Skincare:
Lacura Aqua Complete Moisturiser
This has to be one of my best finds this past year! It is a really good moisturiser. It hydrates my skin really well, leaving it looking and feeling healthy and glowing. It has an SPF of 6, so it's not the best that way, but if you use a foundation or primer with higher SPF, this shouldn't really be a problem. And the best part I find is that it's only £1.99 from ALDI!

Lip Balm:
Balmi Raspberry
I picked this up on a whim, when I was after a new lip balm and saw it was on offer, and I have to say I'm so glad I picked it up! It really helps sooth my dry lips, and keeps them hydrated for a decent amount of time. Plus it smells so good as well, like raspberry ripple ice cream!

Stay tuned for my random favourites from 2013.


No comments:

Post a Comment