Sunday 2 February 2014

January Favourites


1. Victoria's Secret Sheer Love Fragrance Mist here
This smells so nice! It's almost slightly parma violet-y, which I love. It's described as white cotton and pink lily, and is a very fresh scent, perfect for those fresh but cold days. It's not too overwhelming, like some of the VS fragrances can be. I think this is going to be even more loved in the Spring!

2. Divergent Trilogy by Veronica Roth here
I received this trilogy for Christmas, and probably read all three within the first two weeks of January. The books are dystopian, and follows the main character of Beatrice "Tris" Prior. If you want to read a summary than check out Veronica's blog post here. I really loved these books, and there is even a movie coming out in March/April time based on the first book, which, from the trailers, looks amazing, and I can't wait to see it!

3. Oilatum Natural Repair Face Cream here
I bought this probably about mid-December time, but fell in love with it this past month. My skin had been feeling really dry and dehydrated after I woke up, and so I thought it was time I invested in a good, intensive face cream that I could slather on at night. I saw Nic from Pixiwoo rave about this one, and thought I would try it out, and love it. It leaves my skin looking and feeling replenished. It isn't heavy and greasy, which I always worry about with a deeply moisturising moisturiser, and I hardly have any dry flakes since using it.

4. Victoria's Secret Bombshell Diamonds perfume (no longer available)
Oh man, does this smell good! It seems a very typical scent for Victoria's Secret; i.e. fruity, sweet, sexy and girly. I didn't realise at the time of buying, but this is a limited edition perfume that they come out with I think during the holiday season, or at least Winter season, so you can't buy this any longer (unless you go through ebay), so I'm sorry about that. But I do love this smell! It's meant to be inspired by the "beauty of diamonds", and has top notes of raspberry, pink pepper, passion fruit, mandarin and pear, middle notes of litchi, ginger lily, jasmine, poppy and plum, and base notes of sandalwood, musk, white amber, vanilla and cedar. I also find that it lasts a decent amount of time.

5. Shu Umera Eyelash Curler here
Again, something I received for Christmas. I have really weird eyelashes. My right eye is fine, and doesn't take much to curl at all, but on my left eye, they grow pretty much straight down, and are almost impossible to curl. That's when, after hearing so much hype about these, I decided I would like to try them out. And I can say, they are as good as everyone says! They really help to curl my eyelashes, and especially if I curl them after I've applied mascara and it's dried. I really do love these, and if you have near-impossible to curl eyelashes, then I would recommend these,

6. Victoria's Secret Strawberries and Champagne Fragrance Mist here
Surprise, surprise! Another scent that smells so good! I think this is more fruity than the others (hence the strawberries), but still has that sweetness that comes with all VS scents. It's also a lot stronger, and a lot more long-wearing. I think this would be great during the Summer months aswell.

7. Soap and Glory Super-Colour-Fabulipstick in The Missing Pink here
This has been my go-to lipstick since receiving it for Christmas. It's the perfect your-lips-but-better shade, and is extremely moisurising. It doesn't cling to dry patches and makes your lips look so good! I've got a review coming up during the next week.

8. Boots Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm here
I've been using this for a while now, and I think this has really helped with my dry-dehydrated skin. It doesn't strip my skin, just leaves it nicely cleansed and hydrated. I've got a review here if you want to read more about it.

9. One Tree Hill here
January was the month where I fell back in love with One Tree Hill. This is probably one of my favourite shows ever, and for some reason I just got the urge to rewatch all the series again starting from the beginning. If you haven't watched it, then I highly recommend you do.

That's it for my favourites for this month. Hope you enjoyed. 

2 comments:

  1. Divergent looks so good my friend loves them I should probably read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are really good books! I've heard a lot of people compare them to The Hunger Games, but to be honest, I much prefer this series.

      Laura x

      Delete