Tuesday 8 April 2014

Empties #4

It seems that my drawer of empty products has filled up again! So, you know what that means; an empties post.


John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight here
I go into this in more detail in my Empties #3 post, but I love this for when I blow dry my hair, as it keeps it more straighter for longer, and keeps frizz at bay. I have repurchased this.

TRESemmé Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo here
Again, more detail in previous Empties post, but this is my favourite dry shampoo. It doesn't leave a grey-cast (as long as you don't over do it), and has a lovely smell. I have repurchased this.

L'Oreal 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution here
This is what I use to remove my makeup before I use my cleanser. I liked the way this removed my makeup, but it seemed to leave a bit of a residue behind after using, which left my skin feeling a little tight if I didn't immediately follow up with my cleansing and toning routine. I have since purchased the new Garnier micellar water, and seem to prefer that one more than the L'Oreal one.

Michael Todd Tropical Fruit Enzyme Exfoliant Scrub here
This was probably one of my favourite products that I tried from the Michael Todd Dry Sensitive skin regime. I really enjoyed using this scrub. I used it pretty much every other day, and it did really help to keep dry patches away. It is on the more grainy side of scrubs, but I think that's why I liked it so much.  I would probably consider repurchasing this in the future.

Philosophy Sugar Plum Fairy Shower Gel no longer available
Oh, gosh. I finally used this up. Considering this is a £16 shower gel (!), I really wasn't overly impressed with this product. It's meant to be a 3-in-1 product, which can used as shower gel, bubble bath and shampoo. I personally, didn't fancy using it for a shampoo, as I have really oily hair which doesn't take much to make it even more oily. It was okay for a shower gel and bubble bath. Scent wise, I didn't really notice it much. There was a hint of something sweet, but that's about it. I was really disappointed in this, and won't be buying again.

Lacura AQUA-Complete Multi-Intensive Serum unavailable online
This is part of the ALDI skincare range. For £3.49, I really can't complain about this serum. It did what it said it would. I didn't really think it did much when I was using it, but since using it up, I haven't had another one, and I have noticed that my skin is a lot drier now. I wake up with dry flakes, and never noticed this when I was using it. It could be just a coincidence, and be something else, or it could be that it really was doing my skin some good. I think I may pick up another bottle next time I go shopping.

Botanics Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm here
I've got a full review of this here, which goes into more detail, but I did really like this cleansing balm. It helped moisturise and hydrate my skin, and removed all traces of leftover makeup. It didn't break me out, and didn't leave a residue. I am thinking of repurchasing.

Lush Sweetie Pie Shower Jelly here
This lasted soooo long! I don't know about anyone else, but I tend to get sick of using the same shower gel for ages, and just start using loads at a time to use it up (anyone else?). This was one of those products. I loved the smell of it, but at first, I couldn't quite figure out how to use it. I ended up just rubbing a loofah over the top of it, which was the best way I found. It is a very weird, but fun product. It's just like jelly; but as fun as it sounds, it gets a bit messy in the shower. I found if you break a bit off, and try to rub it into the skin, it would just slide out of your hands, and end up on the bottom of the shower, which you now have to be careful not to stand on otherwise you'd slip on it. In theory it sounds so much fun, but not so sure in reality. But if you find a great way of using it, you do get your money's worth as it lasts for ages!

No comments:

Post a Comment