Friday 3 August 2012

MUA (Makeup Academy) Haul

Hi folks!

So today, I thought I would bring you a MUA haul. For those who don't know, MUA is a makeup line in the UK. You can buy from their website, or from certain Superdrug stores. Their makeup is soooooooo cheap, like £1 for a lipstick! But the quality is really good as well.  I would say that it's similar to E.L.F. but sometimes I find with their products, that they are not the best quality, and the packaging seems very flimsy, whereas MUA is completely not. I ordered these on 31st July, and they came yesterday (2nd August), so posting is really quick. I originally was only after one or two things, and ended up with more than a few things!! So, I'll get on with it.

The Undressed eye palette - this is MUA's version of the Urban Decay Naked2 palette, and if you saw my August Wish List, you will have seen that that was included. The reason I haven't brought the UD palette is I can't bring myself to spend £36 on a eyeshadow palette just yet, maybe when I'm more experienced. So, £4 v. £36, this was a clear winner. This is one of the things that I was originally buying anyway. Swatches etc. coming soon.


Mosaic Bronzer in Sunkissed Glow (left) and Mosaic Blusher in English Rose (right) - these claim to look different on everyone, due to the mixture of colours. I'll let you know how I get on with these. These cost £2.50 each, but I got them on offer for 2 for £4.


Professional Eye Primer - pretty much self-explanatory, a eyeshadow primer, to stop creasing and make eyeshadow brighter and vibrant. This was £2.50.

Eyeliner pencils in Jet Black, Snow White and Rich Brown - I haven't got many eyeliner pencils, so for £1 each, I thought I'd get a couple, so I chose these, as black and brown are great for everyday, and white, along the lower waterline, will widen and brighten small eyes.


Eyebrow pencil in Blonde - to fill in eyebrows, again, self explanatory, but it also comes with a eyebrow brush the other end, which is always helpful. Again £1.

Lipsticks in Shade 5 (left) and 14 (Bare - right) - something else that I don't have a many of, is lip products, I think that's because I suffer from really dry, crack-prone lips, so don't usually like using this sort of product, just a lip balm, but I'll have to see how these are on. Swatches will be in a separate post. Also £1 each.

Nail varnish in Frozen Yoghurt (left) and All Nude (right) - these are new colours that MUA have just brought out. I saw these on MUA's blog, and fell in love with them! Yet to try them out, but I'll post swatches when I do. These are a bargain at £1 each!

Eyeshadow trios in Passion (left) and Innocence (right) - I thought these were perfect for just keeping in your bag, or for travelling, as you have a crease, lid and highlight colour all in one! These were in the same offer as the bronzer and blush, though this offer has now finished so they are now £2.50 each.

Bronzer in Shade 1 - this is a light bronzer, perfect for fair to light medium skin, with a slight shimmer to it, and a steal at £1 each!


So, that is my MUA Makeup Academy haul. As I said, their products are cheap, but really good quality, and are perfect for younger girls (i.e. school students, and maybe uni students) who don't have the money to buy expensive high end products. I hope you enjoyed this, and I'll post swatches of the products soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment