Monday 23 September 2013

Empties Spring/Summer '13 - Haircare/Shower

As Sunday was officially the first day of Autumn, I thought I would celebrate by showing you the products I have used up during Spring/Summer. This is part one, and part two will be up in the next couple of days. Some products I have loved, some others were okay, and some were not good at all.

This post will be focused on the haircare and shower products I have used up:

VO5 Gloss Me Smoothly Shampoo and Conditioner - This is my all-time favourite shampoo and conditioner combo. This really does help smooth out any frizz, and makes my curls look smooth and frizz-free! Would and have repurchased.

Frizz-Ease Dream Curls Shampoo and Conditioner - I do quite like this shampoo and conditioner, but it can be a bit hit and miss. It is full of sulphates, so if you don't like these, then this isn't the product for you. I find that sometimes it does strip the hair of a lot of the natural oils, and makes my hair even more greasy. Now and again though, it is okay to use. I wouldn't go out of my way to re-purchase these, only is it was on a really good offer.

Phil Smith Curly Locks Shampoo and Conditioner - Now, this was an okay shampoo and conditioner, it didn't really wow me. My problem was that the conditioner had a really horrible smell to it. I can't describe it, but it really wasn't nice! The shampoo was fine, but overall I won't be repurchasing these.

Lush Snow Fairy Shower Gel - I loved this shower gel!! It smells absolutely gorgeous! Very sweet, almost like a sweetie land! Now, this is a limited edition product that Lush only come out with at Christmas time, so you can't get it now, but you've only got a couple of months to wait, and I would highly recommend it. I even have a bigger bottle that I brought in the sale after last Christmas that I haven't used yet, I've been trying to save it!! I will repurchase this when it becomes available again.

The Body Shop Pink Grapefruit Shower Gel - Let me tell I am glad that this has all gone! It lasted forever!! I used to love the pink grapefruit scent from The Body Shop, but since buying this, I have really gone off it. It's just too tart and strong for me. I brought this in the sale, and got it for a great price, but I wasn't really keen on this shower gel. It seemed to make my back break out, and not just the typical break out, they were really big, and sore and deep, almost like cystic acne. Not only that, it just didn't seem to clean very well; I didn't feel very clean after using it. I won't be purchasing any more Body Shop shower gels.

That's it for this section of my empties, next up is the skincare and miscellaneous products which will be in another post up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment