Friday 27 September 2013

Empties Spring/Summer '13 - Skincare/Random

Today's post is the continuing post from my haircare/shower empties. These are skincare and random products that I have used up in Spring/Summer 2013.

Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner - I don't really have an opinion on this toner. It didn't wow me, and I didn't dislike it. I never really noticed it did anything for my skin, but it was soothing and didn't dry out my skin. I may repurchase in the future, but I'm not mad for it.

B. Pure Micellar Water - I brought this when the brand was first introduced in Superdrug, at a discounted price. This removed my makeup okay, but I did have to use quite a large amount to make sure everything was off, so it didn't last very long. I haven't repurchased this, but if it was offer again, I may.

Lush Tea Tree Toner Water - I do really like this product, especially on days when my skin is oily. One swipe of this, and it removes the oil and keeps it away most of the day. The one thing I will say about this though is, I really don't like spraying it straight onto my face. It doesn't spray very well, not like a mist but more like a water pistol! Your face seems to get soaked in some parts, and not in others, so I would recommend spraying it onto a cotton pad and then wiping that over your face. I have and would repurchase again.

Simple Kind to Skin Moisture Boost Hydro Mist - I love this product!! It's basically a hydrating facial mist that you can use over makeup or on bare skin. I use this after I have applied my makeup, and it stops it looking cakey, and adds a nice dewy finish. I also use this at night before bed as an extra hydration boost, and any time that my skin is feeling and/or looking down in the dumps as a nice pick-me-up. I have repurchased this so many times, and stock up on it when Boots have it on offer.

Garnier Soft Essentials Complete Cleansing Milk for dry and sensitive skin - I brought this as a cheap alternative for my beloved The Body Shop Vitamin E Cleansing Milk, and I was quite impressed with this. It removes eye makeup well, and that's what I mainly used it for in the end. Again, there was nothing I hated about this, but it didn't blow me away. I haven't repurchased, but I may do when my Vitamin E cream cleanser runs out.

Lush Ocean Salt Facial Scrub - I used to really like this product (this is my second tub), but lately I have really gone off it. I used to use this on my face, as I get a lot of dry, flaky patches. There are really big grains of salt in this, and I think they just too harsh for the face. Plus, just lately I really can't stand the smell, it's got a very distinct sea smell to it. I agree where it says it doesn't dry out your skin, and it doesn't because of the avocado butter in it. I think this would be a good body exfoliator, just keep it away from your face! I won't be repurchasing anytime soon.

Simple Kind to Skin Moisture Boost Hydro Cream x4 - Again, I really like this moisturiser. It leaves your skin feeling and looking hydrated, but sometimes it can feel slightly sticky on the skin, so be careful how much you put on. The only bad thing about this, is there's no SPF in it, so it doesn't leave your skin protected during the day, but this also makes it a good night time moisturiser. I will probably repurchase once I have used up the moisturiser I'm currently trying out (a £1.99 one from Aldi, which I'm really liking!!).

Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Eau de Parfum 30ml - Oh man! This is one of my all-time favourite perfumes! Anyone who knows me, knows I adore Taylor Swift, and her first perfume really does not disappoint for me. I've gone through so many bottles of this! I think I've gone through one of each size bottle (100ml, 50ml and now a 30ml). I have repurchased a 100ml bottle, and will continue to repurchase it for as long as they make it probably.

TRESemme Instant Refresh Dry Shampoo - This is all time favourite dry-shampoo. I could not live without dry shampoo, and I go through so many of these bottles! I use it on every other day, when I haven't washed my hair (because I don't like to wash my hair everyday), and just to add a bit of volume to my roots. I also stock up on this when Boots or Superdrug have this on offer, so I have repurchased this, and again, will carry on repurchasing it until I find one I prefer.

The Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector - My favourite hand cream aswell here! I've gone through so many tubes of this stuff! It's not like your typical hand cream, it's very thick and takes a bit of working in, but once it is, it's so moisturising and protects your hands really well, especially in the winter weather that is soon around the corner. I get cracked/chapped knuckles in the winter, and this really helps to heal, protect and moisturise them. I would highly recommend this for people who suffer from really dry hands and dry skin in general as The Body Shop do a whole range in this line. I will repurchase.

So, that's it for my Spring/Summer empties. A bit of a mixed group, but I feel that the most of these were products I love, and can't live without. That's it for empties until the end of Autumn/Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment